It’s short and sweet, needing less than 30 minutes preparation time, 15 minutes cooking time and serves 4. The best part is-you only need a few ingredients from your pantry!
Ever had a craving for potatoes for close to a week, but have also gotten to a point where fries and mashed potatoes just won’t do it for you? We are here to help you fix that.
There are a gazillion ways in which you can satisfy your craving and not get bored while at it.
From dinner to breakfast, lunch and dinner (again); from salads to roasted potatoes, here are two recipe ideas that you could make with potatoes:
- Creamy potato salad
5 to 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
1 cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. sugar
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped (optional)
- Cover potatoes with water in a cooking pot; bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool slightly.
- Combine Mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, sugar and pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, celery, onion and eggs and toss gently. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
2. Rosemary, garlic roasted potatoes
Ingredients 5-6 medium boiling potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
3 tablespoons olive oil
5 to 6 large rosemary sprigs (about 5 inches long)
4 large garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- Preheat oven to 200o C .
- Toss ingredients with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and drizzle a bit of oil. Spread in 1 layer on hot pan and roast 20 minutes. Loosen potatoes with a metal spatula and turn, arranging pale potatoes around outer edge of pan and golden potatoes in center (for even roasting). Roast 15 minutes, then loosen and turn potatoes over again.
- Roast until potatoes are golden and cooked through and edges are crisp, about 10 minutes more.
- Turn them around to get a good coating of oil, sprinkling in the garlic and rosemary as you go.
- Serve while hot, with dressing or dip of your choice.
Bet these recipes are bound to make you aPEELing to your friends huh? Until next time, don’t be a couch potato, get cooking!