It’s short and sweet, needing less than 30 minutes preparation time, 15 minutes cooking time and serves 4. The best part is-you only need a few ingredients from your pantry!
Packing your lunch can help you eat healthier, and save those weekday calories for the weekend. You also save a lot more money, which can never be a bad thing. Back to lunch. You want to ensure that your lunch gives you enough energy to inspire through the midday slump, and past staring eagerly at the clock when it strikes 3 pm. You also want to guarantee that you are nourishing your body with all the good stuff rather than running to the nearest take away joint.
Besides leftovers and sandwiches, which can get a little mundane, here are a few ideas for what you could eat. The best part is that they are under 500 calories, and easy to make.
- Pizza Lettuce Wraps: Craving pizza? Make a turkey mince lettuce wrap instead! They have all the taste with fewer carbs and calories.
- Crunchy Tuna Wrap: Use a whole wheat wrap and greek yoghurt to make this as creamy, filling and healthy as possible.
- Chicken and rice stir fry: Opt for brown rice (1/2 a cup) to get that extra fibre that you would not get from its cousin, white rice.
- Classic Tomato Soup: Nothing says heartwarming like a warm bowl of tomato soup. All you need to do is pack it in a thermos, and serve it hot at lunch time.
- Broccoli Salad: Healthy greens and colorful toppings make salads fun and filling. Because we got you, check this recipe out here.
There you have it! Say sayonara to long hours in the kitchen and your go to take aways. These meals will leave you satisfied, and ready to take on your afternoon. Oh, remember to use healthy oils such as Rinsun to prepare them! It’ all in the preparation!