It’s short and sweet, needing less than 30 minutes preparation time, 15 minutes cooking time and serves 4. The best part is-you only need a few ingredients from your pantry!
Ever had a need to eat a samosa so bad, but didn’t have much flour left in your kitchen? Not enough flour, and barely any meat left in the fridge! We know what you’re thinking, it’s a WRAP!
Imagine this, it just might be. We have a recipe that will work with what you have and not the other way around. No need to rush to your supermarket or your neighbors’ for ingredients.
So, let’s make some wraps shall we?
What you’ll need:
1 cup of whole wheat flour
Itspn of salt
¼ cup warm water
1 chicken breast (approx. 180g), thinly sliced
Juice of ½ lime
½ tsp mild chilli powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp olive oil
1 red bell pepper from a jar, sliced
A few sprigs coriander, chopped
Here’s how you make them
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and salt. Pour in water; stir to combine. Mix in additional water in 1 tablespoon increments, until a soft pliable dough is formed.
- Knead briefly on a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Flour each ball well and roll out to desired size and thickness.
- Heat an ungreased skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Grill rounds until brown flecks appear underneath. Turn and cook other side.
- Mix the chicken with the lime juice, chilli powder and garlic.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan then fry the chicken for a couple of minutes – it will cook very quickly so keep an eye on it.
- Using the same pan, once the chicken is done, roast the peppers for about 2- 3 minutes.
- Squash half an avocado onto each wrap, add the peppers onto the wraps with the chicken, and sprinkle over the coriander. Roll up, cut in half and eat with your fingers.
Best part is you can have this for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner or as snack. Enjoy!