It’s short and sweet, needing less than 30 minutes preparation time, 15 minutes cooking time and serves 4. The best part is-you only need a few ingredients from your pantry!
Banana bread is a classic and we are excited to be sharing it with you today. The golden rule is this: use only ripe (or even over ripe) bananas and your holidays will never be forever changed!
You might be thinking “Isn’t banana bread too high in carbs?” Well, yes…but it has great benefits. It’s advantages are quite a load but let’s go through just a few, shall we?
- Whole grain flour is a source of great nutrients like vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B-6 and magnesium for energy production. Whole-grain banana bread is also a source of fiber, which aids in good digestion and increases satiety.
- Bananas may aid in decreasing the risk of cancers, lowering blood pressure and improving digestive health. This is due to its vitamins, including vitamins A and C; minerals, potassium and dietary fiber.
- It helps to stabilize blood sugar levels, satisfying a hungry appetite to prevent you from eating the full loaf of bread.
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (1/2 cup if you would like it less sweet, 1 cup if more sweet)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of whole grain flour
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C), and butter a 4×8-inch loaf pan.
- Mixing bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas
- Mash the ripe bananas with a fork until completely smooth. Stir the melted butter into the mashed bananas.
- Mix in the baking soda and salt. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla extract. Mix in the flour.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F (175°C), or until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in the pan for a few minutes. Then remove the banana bread from the pan and let cool completely before serving. Slice and serve. (A bread knife helps to make slices that aren’t crumbly).