It’s short and sweet, needing less than 30 minutes preparation time, 15 minutes cooking time and serves 4. The best part is-you only need a few ingredients from your pantry!
That’s right, it’s a no-bake dessert recipe! The holidays are a magical time for family and food! Why not add to the magic with this simple recipe? All you have got to do is use whatever chocolate you like best (e.g milk chocolate) to coat these little balls of eggless dough.
PS: For melting the chocolate, use coconut oil with chocolate chips, but pretty much any other oil (think vegetable oil) works. The important note here is to microwave the chocolate slowly and stir often to avoid burning it. You can always melt your chocolate over a double broiler if you are more confident with that!
- 6 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 and ¼ cups white flour
- ¾ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup + 2 tablespoons milk chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil (separated)
- In a large bowl, beat the butter (make sure it is at room temperature and not melted or you will need to chill the dough) and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes. Beat in the room temperature cream cheese and the white sugar until well combined.
- Mix in the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and flour until a dough is formed. If it is too wet add in a little more flour until it pulls away from the sides when beating.
- Stir in ¾ a cup of chocolate chips.
- Roll the cookie dough into small balls and set aside.
- Line a miniature muffin tin with miniature lining cups.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl melt ½ cup chocolate chips with ¼ tsp. coconut oil.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir for 30 seconds, microwave for 15 seconds, stir, and then its ready!)
- Spoon an even amount of the melted chocolate mixture into the bottom of each of the muffin cups.
- Place the balls (slightly flattened) of cookie dough on top of the melted chocolate mixture.
- In the same bowl melt another ¼ cup + 2 tbsp, of chocolate and ¼ tsp. coconut oil.
- Pour an even amount of chocolate over all of the cookie dough balls.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week and enjoy!